A live streaming music event, in partnership with AXS TV, featuring Farm Aid artists Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews to benefit family farmers. Airing and streaming Saturday, April 11, at 8 pm ET, on AXS TV and www.farmaid.org.
The coronavirus has disrupted our entire country and is a grave threat to all of us. One of its many impacts is that it has helped us to better see the value of essential people like healthcare workers, grocery store clerks, delivery truck drivers, and farmers and ranchers.
Farm Aid has worked for 35 years to build a family farm centered agricultural system, and we are here now to support farmers and ranchers in this crisis, without whom we could not eat.
COVID-19 has upended our food system. Farmers are facing many different impacts, from losing their markets and having to quickly adapt to new ways of doing business, to seeing the prices they receive for their crops, livestock and milk take a nosedive. Yet, they are also meeting this moment with solutions and innovations to feed their communities.
After more than six years of low farm prices, many farmers worry this is the final blow that will lead to the end of their farm business and the loss of their land.
While recent government stimulus legislation will help, there will be people and farms who won’t qualify or will be overlooked. Farm Aid is working to make sure that small and mid-sized farms, limited resource producers, farms operated by farmers of color, and tribal nations are not left out of federal farm policy.
Now is the time to invest in our farm and food system, from farm to plate, and take care of the farmers and ranchers who are providing the essential service they can deliver at this critical time: feeding their communities.
With 35 years of experience and partnership with farmers and farm organizations across the country, Farm Aid is well equipped to respond immediately to farmers and ranchers and to invest in farm-led solutions that will create a resilient food system that benefits all.
Right now, Farm Aid is:
- Investing in farmer-led solutions to this crisis
- Making emergency grants to family farmers and ranchers in need
- Coordinating our national network of experts to create comprehensive resources for farmers
- Offering a sympathetic ear to farmers under stress through the 1-800-FARM-AID hotline and connecting farmers to the legal, financial and mental health support resources they need to recover
- Supporting local, state and national farm organizations working on-the-ground to help farmers navigate this crisis
- Advocating for needed COVID recovery funds and resources from the federal government for short-term relief and long-term resilience
To do this work, we need your help. Please give today so that Farm Aid can support and strengthen those who grow our food. The time to build a resilient family farm food system is now!
Make a donation at www.farmaid.org/donate.